code for article pfeilbr/r-and-rstudio-playground
learn R and RStudio
- R - cli environment
- Rscript - used to run R scripts from the command line . E.g.
Rscript -e "date()" -e "format(Sys.time(), \"%a %b %d %X %Y\")"
- RStudio - desktop app
- RStudio Server - provide a browser based interface to a version of R running on a remote Linux server, bringing the power and productivity of the RStudio IDE to server-based deployments of R.
- RStudio Workbench
- The ability to develop in RStudio and Jupyter
- Load balancing
- Tutorial API
- Data connectivity and RStudio Professional Drivers
- Collaboration and project sharing
- Scale with Kubernetes and SLURM
- Authentication, access, & security
- Run multiple concurrent R and Python sessions
- Remote execution with Launcher
- Auditing and monitoring
- Advanced R and Python session management
- RStudio Connect is a publishing platform for the work your teams create in R and Python. RStudio Connect allows you to share the following, and more, in one convenient place: Shiny applications. R Markdown reports. Plumber APIs.
- browser based rstudio workbench
- launch rstudio app win sm domain
- launch rstudio session
- select ec2 instance type
- session has user home directory backed by s3
- installed r pkgs are preserved in home dir
- every session uses same home dir
- shiny apps
- plumber apis
- r reticulate package offers integration with python for working w sm easily from R
- import py package and ref from r variable. proxies calls from r to py
- coming soon - rstudio connect managed by sm RStudio Connect is a publishing platform for the work your teams create in R and Python. RStudio Connect allows you to share the following, and more, in one convenient place: Shiny applications. R Markdown reports. Plumber APIs.
Running RStudio in Docker
# run docker run --rm -p 8787:8787 -e PASSWORD=password01 rocker/rstudio # open IDE in browser open https://localhost:8787 # username: rstudio, password: password01
- CRAN (The Comprehensive R Archive Network)
- Rocker Project - Docker Containers for the R Environment
Twitter • Reddit